Reply to post: Impartial???

Anti-TV Licensing petition gets May date for Parliament debate

Big_Boomer Silver badge

Impartial???

I see people on here claiming the Beeb is lefty, righty and establishmenty. I can't think of a better description of an Impartial media group than one that each person sees as against their personal view of the world. I love the BBC and if/when it is killed off by the haters I will mourn the group that permitted the creation of Monty Python, Blackadder, Dr Who, Red Dwarf, Top Gear and so on. Yes it is a bureaucratic monster and needs better (apolitical) oversight, but is worth every penny of the license fee and then some.

I could care less about adverts as like most people I can tune them out or fast-forward but the advertisers affect what gets broadcast to the point that you just end up with endless quiz shows and other sensationalist shite. Many people are so bored of the advertisements that they run ad-blockers and I am starting to think that way too, so I may have to investigate a TV ad-blocker. We are all sick to the teeth of Gambling/Makeup/Detergent ads.

On the web the worst are sites where the adverts take ages to load (pay ATTENTION The Register!) and slow the whole web-browser down.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon