Reply to post:

Kodi-pocalypse Now? Actually, it's not quite here yet

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

None of the top five movies in 2015 by US box office takings are available for streaming in the UK as part of the subscription packages from Netflix or Amazon Instant Video." True, but four of the five are available legally in the UK for streaming on Now TV, the OTT version of Sky Cinema

Sure. But not many people are going to want to pay five different subscription fees just to get at all the content they might want.

But then today almost everything apart from first-run movies that are still in theatrical distribution and obscure out-of-print music is available legally in digital form – you just have to pay.

That certainly isn't the case in my experience.

The promise of online streaming is that you can watch *anything*. The reality is that you can only watch the things that are currently available on the service you subscribe to.

I'm a Netflix subscriber, and to be honest I'm thinking of pulling the plug because while there definitely is a lot of content on there, it is getting harder and harder to find things I actually want to watch. In a couple of cases, I had a series or a film on my favourites list to watch later, and when I came to sit and watch them, they'd been pulled. Grrr.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon