Reply to post:

Firefox 52 kills plugins – except Flash – and runs up a red flag for HTTP

Hans 1
Happy

> "Firefox lost its way the moment they started messing with the UI just for the sake of being able to do so rather than improving the underlying actual 'works'."

No, it is not just Mozilla ... ever since some numpty came up with UX design as a "new thing", somewhere in the beginning of the naughties, UI's went haywire, everywhere ... it started with IE/JavaScript ui's, with Windows 2000, I think, that was a disgrace, upgrade your browser e.g. ie6, and half the bloody applications on your box got "script errors", crikey. Then came XP with toddlerUi, the rest is history ... Vista/7, the more clicks the merrier, discovering the fun of hiding menus and options (ribbons and all), 8.x hiding menu & options is funny, hiding everything is hilarious, removing functionality we do not understand ...

Somewhere down the line of Windows 7, Linux ui teams thought it wise to do the same, follow the trend ... more clicks, hide the stuff & remove functionality (Gnome 3), everything into one package and fsck the UNIX coding habits (système d, excuse my French), coz we need to mimic Windows' monolithic arch and ui, it is such a success ....

UX experts can get me really upset, so much so that I question my anger management skills ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon