Reply to post: Re: Ooops - who let the cat out of the bag.

Pence v Clinton: Both used private email for work, one hacked, one accused of hypocrisy

Ian Michael Gumby
Boffin

Re: Ooops - who let the cat out of the bag.

Whoa! Slow down there cowboy!

Lets get the facts straight...

1) Clinton's private server.

We know Eastern European hackers were involved because of Guciffer.

We don't know how compromised it was because without having a grand jury, the Feds couldn't seize anything or compel testimony. What we do know is that a security researcher found her server to be running unsecured and easily hackable. Because of the attempts to 'wipe' the server. Data that would indicate a hack most likely lost. This is why they can claim no evidence of a hack yet it doesn't mean it wasn't hacked.

In addition, its actually a moot point. Clinton's emails to Sidney B. contained classified material and we know that he was hacked by at least 3 governments.

2) DNC hack.

Wikileaks knows their source and how they got the material.

I agree that its very suspect that a staffer was killed in a 'mugging gone wrong'. Then Assange offering a cash reward. (The DNC staffer getting killed in a mugging gone wrong didn't make the national news until after Assange's reward, so how did he hear about it?)

Pointing to Russia is an easy diversion. I agree. But the key issue isn't that they were hacked, but that they actually rigged the party's election.

3) Podesta's email account hack.

A 14 yr old could do that phish attack.

Again its not that he was hacked, but the material that was recovered.

Again, Russian involvement is going to be tough to prove. Script kiddies and serious hackers who may or may not have ties to a government, can get government styled code and hacks.

I agree with what you are saying. I broke it down and separated it because when you conflate news, you may end up with the wrong conclusion.

Now more importantly... Trump just accused Obama of wire tapping his NY office. This is an actual fact because Obama got a FISA warrant on their second request. Obama's tenure is turning out to be more opaque and more scandals.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon