Reply to post: Re: Yet again

Tech contractors begin mass UK.gov exodus in wake of HMRC's IR35 income tax clampdown

rgb1

Re: Yet again

Follow the money; it's the lobbying powers of the the big consultancies and off-shorers that have set this agenda over many years, along with the ignorance/incompetence/corruption of government. I've been contracting for 30 years and had to work with my fair share of cheap but not good value off-shorers. I've also contributed ~ national average earnings in tax take each year, assuming I've been in work and my job hasn't been filled by an off-shorer in the downturns. This continuous onslaught, the last few years of tax grab and the uncertainty have made me decide, even though I am at the top of my game, having a good number years of earnings and tax payment potential before official retirement, to pack it all in. So they'll be no more ~ national earnings tax take from me each year; hopefully the big off-shorers and consultancies will be able to fill the tax gap that is left by me and I'm sure many others who have had enough of this nonsense.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon