Reply to post: Re: Disturbing

'Hey, Homeland Security. Don't you dare demand Twitter, Facebook passwords at the border'

Bernard M. Orwell

Re: Disturbing

"Name _ONE_ country where non-citizens have the SAME rights as citizens."

Well, skipping over your broad-brush terminology of "non-citizen" and using the US Merriam-Webster definitions of "Citizen" and "Noncitizen", I can indeed provide an example of a country where, by law and on paper, non-citizens of various types (refugees, asylum seekers, migrant workers etc.) have the same inalienable rights as "citizens".

It's called the United States of America.

Even ignoring the legal definition, let me quote you some very, very famous pieces of text. You may even know them.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

"Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore, Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

If you want America to "Be Great" again, try repeating these words to yourself until you understand them. When you do, repeat them to others.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon