Reply to post: Re: When are we goint to stop pretending...

All of Blighty's attack submarines are out of action – report

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: When are we goint to stop pretending...

@bombastic bob - I hate to break this to you, but - and I say this as a very patriotic subject of Her Majesty, and I'm ex-military myself - the UK is not a military world power in the sense that it once was, not even remotely. You're delusional if you think otherwise, IMHO.

Post-Brexit, we'll still be in NATO, and our government will still doubtless have the shockingly bad taste to be in bed with the USA and the so-called 'special relationship' (which so far as most folk I know can see means our government lets the US government shaft the UK more or less at will).

I've said it before, but it bears saying again - in the UK we are Europeans, and we have a lot more in common with other Europeans than we do with the USAliens. Heck, we have more in common with Canada than we do with the USA. Never mind that the EU pissed us off so badly that we ended up deciding to leave the EU - that's more a comment on the flaws in the EU up to this point (and the intransigence of certain EU politicians in failing to accept criticism of the way the EU had been run), it's not a rejection of our being European.

But the UK a wold power, on it's tod? Today? Don't make me laugh!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon