Reply to post: Re: "'get as much $$$ by any means and spend as little $$$$ by any means"

Oracle 'systematically stiffed its salesforce' claims new sueball

jcitron

Re: "'get as much $$$ by any means and spend as little $$$$ by any means"

I worked for Big Red in IT for the sales guys and I heard stuff all the time like this. These people don't make as much money as you think, and they will put you in debt in various ways. The sales people get a very small base salary with big promises of making a lot more.

The sales people incur a lot of on the road expenses which are put on corporate credit cards which they themselves will become responsible for if the company does not pay the bill. Now Oracle does not like to pay bills. I found this out the hard way for something really, really small. The process is to put in the expense report with the receipt. Coming from any other company, this is the normal process. You fill out the expense report form, attach mileage, gas, food, and other trip incurred receipts. No brainer... and your manager signs it off.

Oracle it seems likes to jerk off elephants and make the process overly complicated, but it's essentially the same. Using their online system, you insert scanned receipt(s), type up the form and send it off your manager for approval. This takes a day and the process is now in the queue. You're happy you're getting your money back and you can pay the now huge AMEX bill.

Once the approval comes back, you then go back into the submission and click some boxes on the form, and send the package off (again) this time to AP which is located in India.

Do you get your money right away? Nope. Instead you get an email from the useless ones in India stating they didn't get the invoice. You resubmit the invoice... Wait... nope no invoice still can't find it. Oh wait... the submission is wrong you have do it again. This is the same one your own manager has approved, but this jerk-off puts up the circle jerk to stall the process.

Then finally the claim is denied anyway because the submission was done too late for processing!

In my case it was $25.00 because we had a dinner expense. The $25.00 was for one other employee and myself. I sucked it up and dealt with that. But imagine what it's like when you've charged up $100s in airline and travel expenses, as well as other costs, and still get stuck with the bill. When people travel, they can incur $5,000 or more expenses in one shot.

Oracle sucks and I'm glad they got hit again with a lawsuit.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon