Reply to post: "desktop-centric approach in Windows 10"? Seriously?

Windows 10: What is it good for? Microsoft pitches to devs ahead of Creators Update

bombastic bob Silver badge
FAIL

"desktop-centric approach in Windows 10"? Seriously?

In the article, you said Micro-shaft did a "U-turn" with a "desktop-centric approach in Windows 10".

We're not talking about the SAME WINDOWS VERSION, are we?

Win-10-nic is HARDLY "desktop centric". "Desktop centric" would be everything PRIOR to Windows "Ape" (8). Win-10-nic is INFAMOUS for its "turn your desktop PC into an oversized phone" with the following "features":

a) the "Start Thing" and it's alphabetized "all CRapps" list.

b) "the Metro" in general, spattered throughout.

c) the 2D FLATSO FLUGLY, a GUI DOWNGRADE "dumbed down to the level of a phone" so that the poor phone CPU won't "feel inadequate" NOT having the horsepower for a PROPER GUI. Except that a 386 SX worked pretty well with Windows 3.0 as I recall... (so the logic behind the 2D FLATSO FLUGLY it is just plain STUPID)

d) Cortana, the hands-free "assistant" from HELL. Probably meant as an echo to Siri, which is a PHONE feature, since phone GUI keyboards are cumbersome.

(I could go on but I'm running out of really obvious things to mention)

NONE of these "features" in ANY way enhance THE DESKTOP and how people use DESKTOP computers. Instead, it's aimed at the "4 inchers" who view the world through their 4 inch screens, taking selfies everywhere, and "consuming content" instead of CREATING it.

Win-10-nic - dumbing your desktop DOWN since 2015.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon