Reply to post: Satellite or Cable?

Who's behind the Kodi TV streaming stick crackdown?

Mage Silver badge
Flame

Satellite or Cable?

So it's imaginary that to get all the football and rugby, that at one stage in Ireland you needed three subs?

Cable is irrelevant anyway as it's in much fewer places than broadband, which in turn is much less coverage than Satellite.

Also Netflix is RUBBISH at long tail.

Actually I want to buy content I want (on disk), unless the streaming service has every content always. Also the subscription model is more profitable (cf Netflix or sky vs Sony) BECAUSE it's a rip-off. You pay the same all year even if you watch very little, or some months nothing. It relies also on Cable or Satellite or uncapped high speed broadband.

I'm against Piracy, but "exclusives", lack of distribution, regional zoning (can be turned off on DVD, but not BD), regional releases, lack of long tail etc encourage it.

Digital content should be available to purchase on media (or download to storage) and stream, forever once published. No distribution platform should have any exclusivity (Sky was forced to allow Virgin cable to buy re-distribution rights). Content should be universally available simultaneously, the cost of film prints for cinema should no longer apply.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon