Reply to post: Re: Low level loss of concentration

RAF pilot sent jet into 4,000ft plummet by playing with camera, court martial hears

stu 4

Re: Low level loss of concentration

yeh I fly a lot in the highlands in my paramotor, and of course some of the nicest places to fly are places the raf like to do there LLF.

You can phone em up and tell em you might be in the area, but frankly they don't seem to much care or take note.

So you juist have to hope the bloke's looking around.

One flight I had around Pitlochry, I'd literally just landed in a field when 2 typhoons came through around 400 feet. I dunno if they'd have seen me if I was flying.. .and frankly even if they did - so what ? I'm going 25mph, they are going 400 miles an hour.. time to see, time to avoid is probably non existent.

I'm surprised we've never had any fatalities tbh.

Now.. the apache pilots... they are a different breed of fuckwit... a friend had them follow him, and then land in the same field just after he landed (i.e. he as still attached to motor and wing) - he was lucky he wasn't blown up into the air and killed. Don't seem to have a fecking clue...they moaned about me flying in my home county once - told me ever time I flew I should tell them... this is in class G open air space... they think they own the sky.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon