Reply to post:

BOFH: Password HELL. For you, mate, not for me

Kirstian K
Devil

I Changed my name about 10 years ago give or take, and i still get calls for my old name.

this being a good initial sign this is a spam call. 'hi is this Mr xxx' ........ um (ok so i know this is a sales call from a VERY ols list, how much spare time do i have? do i fancy playing Y/N).

but this has been great as if they say : 'we see you were involved in an accident within 2 years' well you can really push on that, i got them to admit once they have old lists they buy to make up call numbers.

or sometimes, 'oh im sorry, i died about 10 years ago now.' followed by im sorry to hear that, and they continue...

ive tried all the fun ones, 'sex change, call me mary' to im a mormon, and dont have electricity or a phone (great for survery calls) make up REALLY outlandish stuff. ive been 90, with a teenage bride, (or multiple).. its a challenge to make up the most outragious stuff you can and keep them going.

My misses made an indian cry once because she kept asking if he was happy with his sexuality... lol (almosty felt bad for him)

when there is time, and you int he mood it can be light releif.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon