Reply to post: Re: Alternative Facts

'I AM TWEETING TRUTH TO POWER: AND YOU CAN'T STOP MY FACTS, MR PRESIDENT!'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Alternative Facts

The idea that there were 3-5 million illegal votes cast, or even half a million, is beyond ridiculous. But now I hear talk that the investigation is going to look at "dead people who are registered", "people who are registered in more than one state" (which both Ivanka Trump and Steve Bannon were, apparently) and other such errors. That will give Trump a little room to claim "I was right" without actually proving his claim at all. It should look for actual votes cast, not registration problems, but I'm not sure if the federal government can even legally demand states provide them a list of who voted.

Obviously there will be many many such registration problems found, because most/all states probably lack a good process for stuff like that. If I move to Florida, I don't send a note to my local auditor, or the secretary of state, letting them know I've moved so please cancel my registration in this state. Nor should I be expected to. So how will they know? I guess if I don't vote here for 10 years maybe they will take me off the roll, I don't know. Likewise, if I die, do they have a process to remove me from the roll? Maybe if I die around here, but I wouldn't count on it. If I move to Florida and die there, almost certainly not.

I'm sure there are millions of dead people, and millions of people who live in another state now, and millions who have moved and are registered in the wrong precinct, simply because this is all managed at a local level and they don't worry about this stuff. Should they? I don't think it matters, so long as no one tries to vote in my name after I've died, and I don't try to vote both here and in Florida after I've moved.

The Daley machine used to bring out the vote of the 'dead' back in the day. I don't know if that still happens, but it is irrelevant to the election since Illinois is a democrat state regardless. People who have a second home illegally voting in Florida is very relevant - the best outcome would be some national database that tracks where you vote so you can't vote in two different places. Somehow I doubt Trump's investigation will focus on that because it is sure to ensnare some republicans and he's already on record as say that every single one of the fraudulent votes was for Hillary, with zero going for him.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon