Reply to post: Re: My arse is indeed smart...

Dodgy Dutch developer built backdoors into thousands of sites

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: My arse is indeed smart...

Such downvotes. Wow.

My point was if you cut corners and do things on the cheap you're more likely to be a victim of this kind of practice.

An Ikea wardrobe is much cheaper than a hand made oak wardrobe made by a carpenter. The handmade one will be higher quality, will last longer and is less prone to structural issues however it costs a metric shit ton more simply because it takes longer to produce and is made of more expensive materials. The carpenter knows you're paying more and will put in the effort to try and win repeat business.

If you purchase a shitty store front of Fiverr et al you probably arent really building a relationship with your supplier and its likely that wont give him any repeat business, you'll likely move on and find a cheap wanker to support the site and screw him as well. Opening the door for another potential thief.

Being a cheapskate is a slippery slope. You'll never acquire the quality you need to show your customers you care.

This is a trap a lot of small businesses fall into and its a common reason why small businesses fail.

Do it right or dont do it. After all if you're trying to convince your customers that your products are of a high quality why would you do it through a low quality site?

If your store front sucks your ability to identify high quality products might suck as well.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon