Reply to post: Re: It is not the backward, it is the forward bit which is the issue

Windows 10 networking bug derails Microsoft's own IPv6 rollout

bombastic bob Silver badge
Devil

Re: It is not the backward, it is the forward bit which is the issue

er, trying to digest what you're saying here.

strangely, IPv6 works pretty well on my LAN and via a tunnel through he.net [it's one of the free IPv6 tunnel services, yeah]. I've got DNS returning AAAA records and everything. the only trouble I've had is with an old wifi router that seems to want to be the IPv6 gateway for the LAN, even though there's already a gateway for IPv6 [so I plugged the WAN port into the LAN, assigned it to a different IPv4 and IPv6 address, problem 'solved'].

So aside from the ancient wifi router not being set up properly for what _I_ happen to do with it, everything ELSE works quite well, including Windows 7. 10 seemed to work last time I tried it. But seriously, I'm just using off-the-shelf open source things, FreeBSD, Linux, isc-dhcp, and a tunnel via he.net .

This isn't "rocket surgery" (as Ladonna Harvey, a local radio personality, puts it - heh).

Of course, I've got my FreeBSD firewall blocking anything incoming to ports that are "open" because the windows firewall can't be trusted...

SO, Micro-shaft: What's SO HARD???

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon