Reply to post: Re: Google docs spreadsheet with Ransomware info

Insane blackhats behind world's most expensive ransomware 'forget' to backup crypto keys

Crazy Operations Guy

Re: Google docs spreadsheet with Ransomware info

"Turns out that my browser doesn't have the access ability to scrub my network, fire abusive texts to my boss, or start world war 3. Who'd have thought it?"

Every browser has those capabilities...

*"Scrub the network": JavaScript can send custom-built packets out to your network and perform all the discovery it wants, or every modify files that your user account is capable of accessing.

*"fire abusive texts to my boss": Every phone provider out there has a web-based SMS utility, a piece of malware could leverage a cross-site scripting bug to access your account and send texts to anyone

*"start world war 3": This one is ridiculously easy, a state actor could leverage your system to proxy a connection through your machine back to their own to launch some type of weapon. The state could then declare that your country attempted to hack them cause war, which many countries would respond with a declaration of war after being accused of attempting to start one.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon