Reply to post: Yeesh.

My fortnight eating Blighty's own human fart-powder

Alistair
Windows

Yeesh.

1) I *personally* LOVE to cook. When I'm in the right mood, have time and don't have to worry about scheduling. Cooking can go off the rails with me sometimes. Its why when I schedule a bash where I'm going to be doing the meal for those that are coming I make it an all evening thing.

(for the record, I apparently can eat until both the cows and the sheep come home, and my weight fluctuation is about 11 pounds. My Doctor (after 13 years) keeps telling me he wants my metabolism as my weight for my physicals has remained within a 5 pound range, and I'm NOT particularly physically active.)

2) My SO despises the art of cooking. Most likely since her background was bland, formula, meat veg and starch meals with almost no real flavour, and when she does try our offspring are less than supportive of the results.

3) *FOOD* is many many many different things. I've tried crickets, worms, monkey brain, termites and a few other things that the standard "western diet" that the *complete* list of commentators likely eat will never include. Don't throw something in the bin just because you don't like the concept.

4) The article makes it clear to me that the author is not well. If that were *just* diet this product would at least lead the author in the direction of 'better diet' apparently. I myself have had massive periods of (sometimes months long) internalized depression that may or may not be related to season, diet, and work/life balance. But I manage to hide it a little too well. The author may not be able to hide it. Thus I have to let the 'lazy/lackadaisical/malnourished/obese' author manage to put out something worth reading in his own fashion. (I will allow the obtuse to select their own insulting term from the list, one will note that the sentence would survive without the insult)

All that said. Good on ya mate, go for some more walks (you have a cat, but dogs are better for walks), and consider either keeping that stuff in the cupboard for when ya need it, or hammering back some killer vitamins. (I KNOW what that will produce in rants, but #$% it, the Costco version of Centrum Silver rocks my world these days, two a day for 2 months pulled me out of a TERRIBLE mental and physical funk and made tackling things seem so much easier). Now I just need to get the SO out the door and moving more often and we'll soon both be better off.

As for the Gluten/Lactose/blah intolerance crap.

GO TO A DOCTOR. Don't assume just because you remove something that its true. Its a simple set of tests, although you DO have to *participate* in the tests so expect to have to WORK for your *snowflakieness* ( of 25 people in my life that have been sent off for that gluten test, only ONE has had celiac. The snowflakes however have made her life better by ensuring that there were more product on the shelf, even if it costs 3 times as much)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon