Reply to post: Re: I really don't see the point

My fortnight eating Blighty's own human fart-powder

Tom 38

Re: I really don't see the point

The point is that a bland, more expensive, harder to prepare, powder that must be shaken into a gloop isn't a replacement for those things. Even if you're time poor there are better choices.

More expensive? TFA says between £1.30 and £1.60 a meal. I'm about to pop out and buy a sandwich, salad or hotpot for lunch, which will cost between £4 and £8. Dinner tonight is a diet M&S ready meal and some fresh veg, £4.

Harder to prepare? Measure, pour, shake well, drink. Fetching and retrieving the sandwich takes at least 15 minutes, queuing up in M&S at least 5.

"Bland gloop" - I'll give you that one.

The main thing I have against these sorts of food replacements is that they will never be an adequate replacement for food, so eventually you will go back to a food diet. Eating this stuff will not help you develop a healthy food diet, so when you do switch back you will overeat and eat the wrong things.

Me and a friend both were trying to lose weight at the same time, we each lost between 30-50kg, me slightly more than him. He lost it by switching to SlimFast for all meals, I lost it by changing my diet to salads and low fat/low carb/low GI foods and reducing portion size. He has subsequently put everything back on after switching back to food (he literally went straight back to Greggs for breakfast and lunch..).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon