Reply to post: ♫ Opps they fucked us again. ♫

Australian Internet policy remains years behind reality

JJKing
Flame

♫ Opps they fucked us again. ♫

@dan1980

I used to purchase a Microsoft Action Pack subscription and the cost was US$ price x 2.5 = AUD$ price which at the time cost AUD$699. I then purchased a new TechNet subscription when the AUD$ reached and then exceeded parity with the US$, the formula changed to US$ price x 1.5 = AUD$ price. I search all the places MS sold and Australia was the most expensive to purchase these products. Even Papua new Guinea was cheaper than Australia. When I complained to MS they said it was what the market would bare and they gave me a 30% discount. This renewal WITH the discount still cost more than a new subscription in the US. I don't bother with MS subscriptions anymore.

The Pirate Bay exist only to infringe copyright

The Pirate Bay (with it's warm, clear coastal waters) does NOT hold any software/programs/applications. How then can they infringe on any copyright? Surely the users who avail themselves of the torrents, which hold ZERO copyright material, are the copyright infringers. The authorities only go after The Pirate Bay, KickAss etc because they are a soft target.

After the Solicitor-General debacle and the way brandis furnishes his office, it seems he is only there to further his own ends and doesn't give a shit about the Country or the People who he is elected to represent. brandis and his archaic ideas need to be removed from Canberra much faster than the lnp's failed NFN's failed rollout. He is a Completely Useless No-good Twat.

My arse hurts from being fucked over by elected officials and companies who sell software and hardware in this country. Enough is enough. Anyone got a numbing gel I could borrow?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon