Reply to post: Re: Hmm

Climate change bust up: We'll launch our own damn satellites if Trump pulls plug – Gov Brown

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Hmm

@ strum

"There's a long and unedifying history of deniers clogging up the work of scientists, by lobbing long, intricate lists of questions at them. Since most climate departments are quite small (sometimes solo), they are then faced with abandoning their work to answer these questions, or open themselves to charges of secrecy, when the questions are unanswered."

This is plausible but the excuse given was to do with protecting the scientists from being persecuted by the gov. Not an unbelievable stance if that is what the questions are aimed at but thats why I want to know what was asked, and if it is as I had read then they seem pretty sensible questions (I just dont trust the source). It also seemed concerned at the scale of the departments and projects without definitive aims/end points.

"Climate change deniers are not honourable people."

That is a very sweeping statement. However in relative terms the MMCC co2 theory has been represented by extreme fabrication and lies even if there is honourable work being done. The religion of MMCC co2 theory was and possibly is still a fact which caused massive credibility issues around the science. I consider it one of the worst subjects for the devaluing of the title science.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon