Reply to post: only one side of the story

Disney sued in race row: Axed IT workers claim jobs went to H-1B hires

bombastic bob Silver badge
Stop

only one side of the story

as much as I hate the idea of a large company (Disney in this case) laying people off so they can import "cheap labor", we're only hearing one side of the story, surrounding a lawsuit.

just sayin.

If it turns out that it's a bunch of staffers that SHOULD have been fired long ago, but Disney didn't have enough dirt to justify it [and so they used the layoff as an excuse], and THEN these guys turn around and SUE [I have seen THAT happen, too, and court-ordered policy changes at the company NEGATIVELY IMPACTED ME after the lawsuit was settled] because "they can" and "deep pockets" and "l[aw]yer manipulated juries", *ahem* THEN maybe Disney is in the clear, morally and ethically?

OK longshot but still...

related: I was contracting for a company, long ago, which benefits me personally because THEN I can run all income through my corporation, rather than W2. One guy, a long-time 1099 contractor, was "not renewed" because he should have been FIRED, but it was easier to "not renew his contract". Within a year, he SUED because he'd been working on-premises, and was NEVER offered the opportunity to be a 'direct' (W2) employee (because he should've been fired). As a result, EVERY contractor [including me] had to be 'converted to W2' meaning wage/salary instead of corp-to-corp billing. [they tried to be fair about it, but it had a negative impact on everyone, nonetheless]

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon