Reply to post: Re: El Reg reader?

Neo-Nazi man jailed for anti-Semitic Twitter campaign against MP

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: El Reg reader?

> Sorry to disappoint but I'm not anti Jewish, I'm anti propoganda.

It's spelled propaganda.

> I was taught that a historical event and the discussion thereof should not be one sided

Agreed.

> The majority of the coverage of the Shoah has been, or at least any of it I've seen on "historical" TV and the like.

Yes, I can see where you are coming from.

> I knew a Jewish girl who'd go completely bursar if someone mentioned Hitler

One thing you need to understand, this *is* actually an emotional subject for the community and for us as individuals. Try to understand that, rather than jumping to judgement.

> In some ways its a shame people aren't better educated

Yup. You want "it's" (it is), not the neuter third person singular possessive, by the way.

> about Jewish history from way back before they left (possibly got kicked out of the area that they'd co-invaded) because it's not as black and white as we've been led to believe

I thought you said you were "not anti Jewish" and "anti propoganda" [sic]. Are you sure?

> I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you

Thank you.

It would certainly be interesting and no doubt beneficial to delve a bit more into why people need an enemy (cf. Umberto Eco, "Inventing the enemy" for an amusing take on this) and why they think it's fine to go and hate other people (enmity does not imply hate). In that sense, yes, there is a lot more than could be learned from the events in Germany, Italy, Spain, Yugoslavia, and elsewhere in the last century, as well as current events such as the Brexit campaign.

But you, sir, sound like a xenophobe to me.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon