Reply to post: Careful what you wish for

Information on smart meters? Yep. They're great. That works, right? – UK.gov

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Careful what you wish for

For those people wanting to use these meters to pay for what they use as they use it..... We used to have oil fired heating. It was delivered by tanker on request. At the time, you paid for the delivery at the time as well. So big bill in April to fill the tank then May, June, July, August, September all go by with no bill, then WALLOP, £200 bill to fill up in October, another in November, maybe again in December and January. I'd much rather pay £50/month all year round regardless of what I'm using - I can budget for that and I don't have to find a big chunk of money in December when I'm paying for Christmas too. If I had to do that with leccy at the same time it would cause a real problem. And yes, of course you could save up during the year, but you need the money at the time, and there's nothing more guaranteed in life than something unexpected cropping up just when you've managed to save a few quid...

I really cannot see any benefit to anyone now we can submit our own readings online. I have to agree that more frequent rate changes (and remote switch-off) look by far the most likely suspects in this.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon