Reply to post: Re: Wedding Parites

New British flying robot killer death machines renamed 'Protector'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Wedding Parites

Oh do get a life and learn a bit about the world around you.

I am saying this as someone who had to spend three night in 1994 on the floor because of this

There are parts of the world (even in Europe) where the population is armed at least as much as Texas and with actual combat armament, not toys from Wallmart. They also have the habit of firing them up in the air for significant occasions like marriage, childbirth, New Year or their team eliminating Germany or Argentina in the World Cup.

Quoting the news anchor on Bulgarian National TV the night when Bulgaria kicked Germany out of the World Cup finals: "Tonight, Sofia center looked like Rio mid-carnival. The suburbs, looked like Sarajevo". He was spot on - I nearly sh*** myself when every second balcony on Sofia Uni student campus around us opened up with tracer bullets (not just AK47s, there actual machine guns and heavy armament being fired). The really funny bit - the government had no clue just how much the population is armed. They (and the Eu - BG was early in the process of applying for membership) were horrified when they realised that 25-50% of the population have actual real military kit in their house (with ammunition for it).

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon