Reply to post: More I think about this..

'Toyota dealer stole my wife's saucy snaps from phone, emailed them to a swingers website'

Kiwi
Gimp

More I think about this..

Something stinks a bit to me. Although I don't use smartphones often.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the alleged perp only had the phone a few mins and was able to find the pics, upload them to another place (over either a car-dealers wifi or mobe connection in Grapevine, Texas!1), supposedly show the phone to his boss for the document that was there (not mentioned in the article, haven't read further), then get it back to the couple. He was smart enough to do all that, yet stupid enough to leave a picture "on top" rather than closing out the thing.

To expedite the sale, Gautreaux had documents already approving him for a loan for the vehicle stored on his smartphone,

I'm not from over there so this could be wrong but... Wouldn't it be normal to have the actual loan papers on you, rather than just a picture of them? Perhaps this is why "Matthew Luke Thomas" took the phone to show someone else, he would've expected actual paper rather than a picture (which could be doctored as well, fairly trivial especially for a small screen - harder to see any suspect artefacts, and not hard to doctor an image without leaving such things).

All this is just supposition of course, there could be a lot more not mentioned in the article. But I'm starting to wonder how much this guy really was cuplable, and how much was the couple trying to scam someone.

As someone else mentioned...Fairly good scam and, for once, making me wish I lived in the US. Wait.. President Elect Trump.. Nah, stuff that. Not even for a $billion!

1Actually, I have no idea what coms speeds are available there, but something tells me "crap" is the word.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon