Reply to post: Re: "These messages could be to alert a customer that they've left their umbrella in the shop"

Loyalty card? Really? Why data-slurping store cards need a reboot

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: "These messages could be to alert a customer that they've left their umbrella in the shop"

"I prefer to pay slightly over the odds and buy from local retailers wherever possible but finding anywhere not part of some huge conglomerate is getting harder and harder..."

Unfortunately the same stores are open 9-5:30 6 days a week. As I'm not a pensioner, that leaves Saturday. As I'm busy 9am to 1pm Saturday. that leaves a 4 hour window to shop.

I find more random stuff I want on Amazon and eBay, than I ever did from local shops.

In order to survive, they need to adapt. Maybe open later and close later on certain days, do mail order, set up a website (you don't have to be able to buy it, just at least let me know what you do).

Make it nice to visit your shop, a cramped dusty bookstore maybe some peoples idea of a great place, but for many others it will be a complete turn off.

And customer service is everything! If I find it easier to get a refund from Amazon than your shop, you are doing something wrong.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon