Reply to post: The Ugly Truth

Facebook Fake News won it for Trump? That's a Zombie theory

Version 1.0 Silver badge

The Ugly Truth

Clinton was the weakest candidate that the Democrats have fielded in a long time, many people (including myself) voted for her because she was not as bad as Trump, but America is a racist society (on both side, black and white) and the "black" vote simply didn't see the need to vote for an old white woman - Clinton lost because so many people just didn't vote for her, while "white" Trump supporters were very energized to vote for him.

Add to this that we haven't heard much about hacking the election this year - all the voting machines in America are built by Republican owned corporations so it's not too surprising that they tend to vote for Republicans. Is this true? I don't know but nobody can prove that the machines are honest - I find that scary.

But physical hacking aside, social hacking sf the way to go these days it seems. I have a great many white relatives on Facebook and they were sharing very piece of crap as if it was real - and the believed it was, and that the moon landing were faked and wrestling is real - they are a sad bunch of idiots. I'm not kidding - they really DO BELIEVE that the moon landings were faked, that Obama is a Muslim and that he wasn't born in America and that Hillary is not a Christian (she's a Methodist).

But the evil behind this is advertising - the click-bait they follow mindlessly that promotes any crap to get an eyeball, and thus advertising dollars - it doesn't matter if it's click bait in Macedonia or the US or the Daily Mail, they are sheep, driven to be shorn and slaughtered. And all click-bait cares about is the money.

Frankly, I don't see a solution to this - America is doomed, I need to pack up and leave.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon