Reply to post: Won't do any good

Panicked WH Smith kills website to stop sales of how-to terrorism manuals

SomeoneInDelaware
Mushroom

Won't do any good

Any decent chemistry major/mad bomber (I was both during my childhood) knows that you find all of the information you need in any decent university library.

When I was in middle school, I hopped on the bus and rode down to the state university's chemistry department library to search in Beilstein's Handbook of Organic Chemistry, It was huge, had to be 400-500 volumes on the shelves! A very helpful librarian taught me how to locate specific molecules in the indexes (it is all an online database now). Dad was a duPonter and helped me build a beautiful lab in the house -- even had a homemade fume hood. And the chemical supply store clerks in town knew me by name and would sell me things like nitriic and sulfuric acids, no problem.

The article was written in German, which wasn't a problem as I was well aware from my father that German was more or less a required skill for chemists.

I didn't do too badly. The neighborhood has fewer treestumps in the parks and I still have all of my fingers and toes.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon