Reply to post:

IPv4 is OVER. Really. So quit relying on it in new protocols, sheesh

streaky

How is stuff like CGNAT a cheaper solution than running dual stack. Protip: it isn't, it's way way more expensive. It's also dumb because it smashes through all sorts of protocols and regularly kills TCP connections it shouldn't be - why? Because did I mention expensive. If you're gonna do that run CG-lite. Have working IPv6.

My ISP, Hyperoptic, are so new to the game all their stuff should have supported IPv6 the day they bought it, they should have been assigning IPv6 from day one and they're exactly nowhere.

Are you really saying that _Jamaica_ has better Internet service than the UK? Really?

Do not tempt me to say yes, because arguably. Most (probably all) ISPs are run by clowns who don't understand things like networks and this new fangled IPv6 thing, networks in places like Jamaica probably have to be disruptive to get any sort of grip on the market. In the UK talktalk was and is still a fairly major player which shows how few fucks customers give about a) the internet generally and b) how easy it is to get and retain customers in this environment where it seems like they all got together and agreed to be utterly trash.

Anybody involved in this nonsense should be utterly ashamed.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon