Reply to post: Re: President Pence scares the shit out of me WAY more than president Trump

US citizens crash Canadian immigration site after Trump victory

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: President Pence scares the shit out of me WAY more than president Trump

I was talking about what I hope will replace the republican party once Trump is through destroying it. And destroyed it will be, after four years of Trump and the landslide the democrats will undoubtedly have in 2020 assuming he runs for a second term. By 2024 the demographic landscape will have shifted so far the mostly white socially conservative coalition republicans have relied upon for decades becomes untenable for national candidates (it will still work fine in many states, of course)

Four years of seeing Trump on TV every day isn't going to do anything for his low likability but drop it even further, and the angry working class white men who pushed him to victory will abandon him in droves when Trump does nothing to improve their situation and he has no one to blame it on since republicans will control all three branches of government in a few months (not that democrats would help them either, I'm not sure anyone has any idea how to help displaced factory workers...those jobs are never coming home)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon