Reply to post: Re: Thursday's explosive anti-Brexit judgment

Brexit judgment could be hit for six by those crazy Supreme Court judges, says barrister

codejunky Silver badge

Re: Thursday's explosive anti-Brexit judgment

@ Gordon Pryra

"This allows the undeducated masses to have some form of protection and gives them a voice on subjects on which they would not have any understanding."

And of course we can take this further to justify dictatorship. Or pretty much whatever we want depending on the views of the ones who are considered 'educated'. The interesting problem being that the so called educated promoting the remain arguments were shown to be corruptly biased and untrustworthy (the leave side came out with equally bad bull).

"I would say that you could argue any MP who voted to sign Article 50 would actually be commiting treason by expressly NOT acting in their constitutes best interests."

This is an interesting issue because I would argue forcing us into the EU was treason, as would forcing us to join the Euro (if blair had his way), the constant offering of a referendum to get elected but then refusing to and finally promising the result of the referendum would be enacted only to again refuse to. That to me is treason. That is acting against the people for personal gain with repeated betrayal.

"Saying "its the will of the people" is meaningless, if we had asked people if they want to pay tax or not and the answer would have been "No!!""

We elect parties based on their intentions for the country. When they lie about those intentions then we cannot trust them. The tories lost support to UKIP until the promised referendum with promise to act was offered and so they were elected. If the will of the people is meaningless then I expect people will shut up about labour and tories, NHS, PR, voting rights and everything else politican but most of all to stop voting. Because if the will of the people is meaningless then elections are meaningless and we shall live under the dictatorship. Cant have it both ways.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon