Reply to post: Re: I like mine

Finally, that tech fad's over: Smartwatch sales tank more than 50%

Brenda McViking

Re: I like mine

I have a Sony Smartwatch2 which I got for 50 quid. Lasts around 4 days on a charge.

At that price point, the thing made sense to me. And after around 6 months of ownership, I wouldn't go back to a dumbwatch now - whilst the added features are somewhat limited, they are useful on a daily basis, to the point where I would now be annoyed if I didn't have them. I no longer get my phone out of my pocket 20 times a day to see nothing but a linkedin notification for example. I can actually have a working speedo on my wrist riding the bike, and the "find my phone" feature alone has saved me about 10 hours of back-of-the-sofa searching by itself. I've stopped leaving my phone in the car too, as I lose connection accompanied by a buzz when it's 10-15m away.

Equally I'm not going to shell out GBP250+ on a brand new shiny one - my watches have typically lasted me 3-5 years before looking tired and that isn't going to change just because this one has a microprocessor. So I agree with the other posters saying those that want them, probably have them by now.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon