Reply to post: Re: It should go to court.

Microsoft tries, fails to crush 'gender bias' lawsuit brought by its own women engineers

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: It should go to court.

I think that should be "unbiased based on gender / ethnicity / religion / sexual orientation"

Given if we're asserting that a person will be biased based on their gender then everything else is up for questioning too.

However everyone is biased about things to some degree or another the goal is to have the correct set of checks and balances to ensure a fair enough system. I mean I'm biased against people that don't investigate things for themselves and ask me stupid questions, have you not heard of google people! Also I can't help but distrust anyone that mentions crossing your arms is defensive, and anyone that likes physical contact as a form of communication. There is a long long list of other things as well.

I certainly wouldn't imagine anyone suggesting that you can only ever be assessed by someone who perfectly matches the assessed's various cultural, genetic, social and religious parameters. Isn't that called a self assessment? (sorry posing myself a question)

Anyway the outcome should be interesting I assume the answer will be an expert computer system of some sort.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon