Reply to post:

May blocked plans to bring in more Indian IT workers – Vince Cable

Loyal Commenter Silver badge

Excuse me, sorry?

How did you get from one of the main arguments for brexit made by the UK's communities from the Inidan subcontinent, to 'don't vote Labour'?

Let me spell it out for you - one of the main reasons put forward for brexit in communities with a high 'ethnic' population was that immigration from the EU was unfair to people who wanted to immigrate from outside the EU. The oft-quoted hypothetical immigrant was the 'curry chef', because apparently we can't train people to make a proper curry in this country, so we have to import more of the relatives of the people who can make curry. This in itself is a totally ridiculous, and in no small part racist argument, but people in places like Birmingham seem to have bought it and voted for brexit. Given that the did so, by teh same (flawed) logic, Theresa May should be allowing more immigrants from India and Bangladesh, not fewer.

Of course, the whole immigration argument is a sack of massive bollocks, as is your assertion that this makes it a reason not to vote for the only realistic opposition to an increasingly out-of-touch and xenophobic Tory party. Or maybe you wanted UKIP? I hear they have leadership going cheap...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon