Reply to post: I have a LG g4 Stylus here ...

LG’s V20 may be the phone of the year. So why the fsck can’t you buy it?

Hans 1

I have a LG g4 Stylus here ...

I tried to copy a file from media card to internal memory ... I seemed to remember I could just, you know, copy paste ... nope. You can copy, cannot paste ... WHAT IS THE BLOODY POINT OF BEING ABLE TO COPY IF YOU CANNOT PASTE ???? This was, afaik, LG "File Manager". There are no options in the various menus either ... share to File Manager, if you "really" insist on using "share" ... which I, personally, think is pants, but ok.

Useless .... off I go into marketplace (or whatever it's called) to get a decent file manager for Android ... the Acer one had top marks, got that ... and it had "Copy to" which worked .... but baaad memories of another time sprang to life in my mind.

One Windows cleaner, NT4 MCSE iirc, came up to me asking "how to I copy paste?" I thought it was some practical joke or something, come on, he must know ... went to his workstation, asked him .... ok, how do you copy that file to your desktop .... and the guy went into the explorer menu and pointed at "copy to" ... right above that you had Copy ...

Back to Android ... why do all phones assume I have a limited data plan while I am connected to WIFI, why do they torture pictures sent via email ????

Ohh, BTW ... I had this problem with BB10 as well, only for files downloaded using the browser, though .... I am a BB10 fanboy, but that limitation sucks and is soooo very un-BB10, too late to get fixed, I guess ... :-(

DISCLAIMER: I know you can paste in an email ... a tortured image, yes ... bastards, but to another folder ...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon