Reply to post: Re: Surely the CMA con ONLY be prosecuted in thge UK?

Should Computer Misuse Act offences committed in UK be prosecuted in UK?

tr1ck5t3r

Re: Surely the CMA con ONLY be prosecuted in thge UK?

But you fail to even question if the laws are right and fit for purpose in todays supposedly enlightened world?

What is the spirit of the law?

Probably to prevent malicious harm to others, yet the law is weighted stupidly in favour of physical and not mental harm. Can you quantify the mental effects on a victim? Does money as compensation make it better for the victim? Plus if the State wants to be judge jury and hangman, have they failed in their responsibilities to even educate the public properly? Lets face state school education is crap, even Labour MP's who benefited from being educated at grammer schools and/or send their kids to private school know this. So with this in mind, have you not got flawed individuals running Govt looking after no1 instead of fulfilling their public duty, despite making a big play on their public service?

Plus considering how different we all are, how can one law fit all? Its like Vitamin Recommended Daily Amounts, considering the different levels of exercise we all do from being a couch potatoe to a fitness freak, being fat & thing, tall & short, how on earth can a Vitamin RDA be fit for purpose, at best it should be called a Minimum Daily Amount, but the so called experts in the Govt's SACN dept that set these things think they know best, even though Govt medical advisors admit they made up the safe alcohol consumption limits in the 70's or 80's. Govt are fire fighting, you saw this with Osborne announce more Govt spending just after the Chinese state visit which announced a series of trade deals between the two countries. Govt borrowing is designed to fill the vacuum left by most people being tapped out or not wanting to play the game inflating the BoE M4 figure. Its made harder with a disingenuous media fueling your conformation bias, for example back in the 70's the British Bread & Circus (BBC) used to just tell the news the facts in a concise unspun manner mostly, look at how little news we get today, with things like "coming up in the program" during the news reports along with overt bias. I have to get news from around the world to get a feel for what is really going on. But the best divide and conquer technique is how we are made to vote. You get a popularity contest every few years for a couple of stooges, and then mid term the puppet is changed in an unelected manner.

If you cant see you are being had over by so called clever deceitful people sucking on the taxpayers teat then I dont hold much hope for most people at enlightening themselves, but thats probably because if you treat people like idiots you get idiots. The other trick is to make people think they cant change anything so can you kill an idea? The internet certainly makes it possible despite the illusion of "free" communication, you dont know that all these comments are not just put up by sockpuppets having hijacked DNS at the ISP and then doing a proxy server MITM attack on websites, injecting stories to phish your thoughts. Big Brother is here and now and its very pervasive, but like Gollum out of Lord ofthe Rings most people would rather shy away from it. So am I waisting my time in a Resource Burn exercise? Time will tell. I live in hope.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon