Reply to post: Re Battery Life: Save me From Electro-pedants!

A year living with the Nexus 5X – the good, the bad, and the Nougat

Barry Rueger

Re Battery Life: Save me From Electro-pedants!

Possibly the most impressive thing about the new phone is battery life. A day's use is easily handled and, if you're careful about keeping battery saver on and apps in power-sipping mode, two full days is realistic.

Lord save me from reviews and comments that suggest that turning off half of your smartphone is a reasonable approach to device operation.

Announcing that you turn off wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, and everything else just to save battery is about as sensible as announcing that your solution to the high cost of printer toner is to not print anything.

I have a smart phone because of these features, and have no intention of disabling half of the functionality that is built in.

Which is why a review that tells me how long a battery lasts on a device that's half-crippled is utterly useless to me.

Then again, l also tend to expect at least some mention of how well a smartPHONE handles the task of making phone calls.

Or did the reviewer also cancel his wireless plan because the cel radio was using too much battery?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon