Reply to post: Re: Loonies

Internet handover is go-go-go! ICANN to take IANA from US govt

Kurt Meyer

Re: Loonies

@ Ole Juul

Ole, I confess I did not get that gist from your previous post, which was admirable in it's brevity.

After reading your second post, I now see more clearly what you referred to in your first post. I will freely admit to spending no time whatsoever on DNS forums, and my IRC time is spent in other pursuits.

"...because they are afraid that the UN will censor sites talking about guns. Do you really think this is not remarkable?"

First let me guess that you are a citizen of a happy land (not the US) where people far outnumber firearms. I admit I have little evidence beyond your sensible posts over the years, and your handle, here on El Reg, on which to base my assumption. I could certainly be wrong.

To answer your question directly; No I do not think this is remarkable, and I will tell you why.

Here in the US, the subject of "gun control" is unavoidable, or nearly so, to a degree that leaves observers of this country dumbfounded, to say nothing of actual visitors. Or, in fact, many of the citizenry.

Whether an individual is "Anti" or "Pro", there is a surfeit of talk on this issue. Since the US has, like every other land, the full spectrum of human intelligence represented in it's population, some of the talk is well reasoned, and much of it is not.

The sort of talk that you (and others) find remarkable is so commonplace here that for many of us it becomes no more than an annoying background noise, and as welcome as your neighbor tuning his motor on a quiet Sunday morning.

Sad to say, it comes as no surprise to find that the lunatic fringe, "Anti" or "Pro", is present on any forum.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon