Reply to post:

Complaints against cops down 93% thanks to bodycams – study

ShadowDragon8685

Just as a follow-up, this came across CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/30/us/california-police-shooting-video/index.html

"Cop shoots black man who doesn't have a gun" - incindiary, and in the current political climate, explosive.

But watch the video, the jackass pulls a vaping device with a silver, cylindrical tip out of his pocket, aims it at an officer like it's a firearm, takes a shooting stance - yeah. I'd have shot him myself. I don't think anyone reasonable can watch that video and NOT reach the same conclusion. He was brandishing an object which resembles a weapon upon first glance in the manner of a weapon, and it was treated as though it were a weapon.

[edit] Upon further review, I think I need to recant the use of the word "Jackass." Jackass implies an irresponsible stupid.

After reviewing the article, wherein it's said by the man's mother that he was not mentally ill, but was mourning a friend, I think it's very clear that what he did was commit suicide-by-cop.

I'm going to upgrade "jackass" to "incandescent asshole," because now he's set off protests in his hometown and pushed the guilt of killing him off onto another man, instead of manning up and taking it himself and doing his own self; not to mention that other, less sensible people are going to blame the officer who fired.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon