Reply to post:

HP Ink COO: Sorry not sorry we bricked your otherwise totally fine printer cartridges

Jim Willsher

My view on lots of the above posts:

Models: I have a Dell 3130cn which I'm delighted with. it's been telling me for two years (or maybe three?) that the C/M/Y toners are nearly empty but it still happily prints all colours. Good job I didn't just chuck in my spare set when the printer warned me to.

Multifunction: never, ever buy a combined printer/copier/scanner. You wouldn't buy a spork (spoon+fork), you'd buy a spoon and a fork separately. You wouldn't hold an iPad up to your ear to make a phone call, you'd have a small phone for calls and a big iPad for videos (or Android/whatever). Get the right tool for the job, and if that means separate tools then fine.

HP: Never, ever buy HP. I did, once, and regretted it ever since. The nail in the coffin for me was when my £2k laptop had a hardware error the DAY AFTER the extended warranty expired, and they were not even remotely interested in helping me, even though my laptop was one of 20 that we'd bought. Cutting off nose to spite face?

HP are no longer significant in any market (although some unwise folks still buy their servers for some bizarre reason). HP are a Woolworths; they sell lots of stuff but it's all humdrum and they don't actually produce a single good product that makes them the goto place for something. They're an also-ran.

Downvotes expected. But I'm past caring.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon