Reply to post: Samsung 7 has 2 different battery manufacturers.

Samsung wants your exploding Galaxy Note 7. Have a new one instead

JJKing

Samsung 7 has 2 different battery manufacturers.

I read that the batteries in the Samsung incendiary phone are produced in 2 different factories. The ones that you can toast marshmallows on are made by one factory. The other factory makes the non exploding variety of battery. I would imagine Samsung will swap the phones, replace the naughty battery with the well behaved one and then they have a refurbished Samsung 7 market.

The sooner critical manufacturing is removed from China and real quality control is restored the safer we shall all be.

I have a Nexus 5 that had a battery that wouldn't hold charge. Removed the case it was in and the plastic back cover popped off. This was caused by the battery that had obviously eaten something that didn't agree with it. I wonder how long before it too would have had a thermal runaway and caught fire. Bought a battery online for AUD$15 and it's been running like clockwork since. The hardest part was finding a place to take the chubby battery to so I could dispose of it responsibly. How many just toss their old batteries in the rubbish bins for burial?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon