Reply to post: Just looked at the price

Samsung wants your exploding Galaxy Note 7. Have a new one instead

cambsukguy

Just looked at the price

£674 from one low price type vendor. That's iPhone pricing.

Since a Lumia 950 is now £250 I have to ask the question, are the extra apps worth over 400 quid?

I mean, there might even be an Android device with similar capabilities although I doubt it for £250.

But in terms of speed and definitely camera quality, a Lumia 950 is an easy match.

The screen is very high res and beautiful, although I am sure that the Note is too.

However, it has a removable battery as well as an SD card expansion (or Dual SIM instead on one model).

So, it comes down to dislike of so-called 'slurp' perhaps, which, given that the Note is Android, seems faintly ridiculous.

It sure as hell ain't because Android is less prone to malware attack or even ease-of-attack.

It sure as hell ain't because Samsung support their devices with upgrades for longer.

It sure as hell ain't because Android is easier to use or nicer to look at.

So, Advertising?, Marketing?, the myth that WinPhone is no longer supported or developed?

As a non-app man, happy with the Office and Skype stuff that does exists but not interested in games for instance, I mostly see that a web page 'app' sorts almost all the app holes for things like banks or even Facebook (according to someone I know that still uses it).

Despite the downvotes, I would like to see any reasonable justification that some may have, not that I would pay that money or buy a Android, but still, enquiring mind wants to know.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon