Reply to post: The problem with expecting commitment..

Two Sundays wrecked by boss who couldn't use a calendar

Unicornpiss
Meh

The problem with expecting commitment..

I have always been a loyal employee to every company I've worked for, though I get more jaded as the years go by. Why? It's simple: Most companies expect you to "give 110%", and always act, communicate, and dress professionally and in the best interests of the company. However, this is often a very unrequited relationship, and the same employer that expects this behavior from you may have you walked out of the building with no advance notice if secret layoffs are being planned behind your back. I have been a victim of layoffs and scheming twice in my life and it's harder to start over every time, as many of us know.

It's like being faithful to a spouse that's always shopping for a younger, prettier, smarter, richer model and cheating on you every chance they can behind your back. Then getting violently angry at you and taking all they can in a divorce if you question their behavior. Oh, and that non-competition agreement that you signed is like discovering that same cheating spouse gave you Herpes too.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon