Reply to post: Re: Just thinking aloud...

You should install smart meters even if they're dumb, says flack

MrTuK

Re: Just thinking aloud...

"I am going to stick with my non-smart meter. If they ever make it compulsory, I can damn well guarantee I will be playing around with small faraday cages" - reading through all these comments and this is the one comment I have been waiting for :)

I would like to know if they will make it illegal to install a faraday cage around the smart meter, its just a question !

Also if everyone started to do this then will they have to re-employ staff to come around and read said meters, will they they charge the owner for blocking the oh so encrypted wifi signal ?

What happens if they wifi is somehow blocked by some other wifi signal or radio interference like an electric drill, microwave oven etc would you then be charge for blocking signal and a human have to spend time to come around to read the smart meter manually ?

Some of these questions I would really like to know the answers to but some were sarcastic, I'll let you guess which were which :)

Whatever all I know is that I too would install a faraday cage around said stupid meter !

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon