Reply to post: If one compared companies to countries

Inside our three-month effort to attend Apple's iPhone 7 launch party

ma1010
Big Brother

If one compared companies to countries

Apple would be, IMHO, the Soviet Union. The Party is all-knowing and wise. Anyone who criticizes The Party goes to the Gulag (of non-communication from Apple).

Everything is a state secret until we release it. The Party owns everything (in the name of the People, of course). The Party is 100% in control of everything in a top-down dictatorship. The Party does nothing wrong -- if the People's Phones do not work correctly, this is not Party's fault - people must be holding them wrong.

Sounds a lot like Soviet Russia to me. Somehow, Apple have done well, either because of their approach or despite it. Somehow, Soviet Russia survived for quite a while, too. But then it fell apart. Is Apple starting to show a few cracks?

Folks like me just have an innate dislike and distrust of tyrants like Apple and won't have anything to do with them or their products. I'd pick MS over Apple any day, although I'm far from fond of Satya's new regime. And Linux is the best of all. Yes, you've got Linus' potty mouth and temper to deal with, but it does have entertainment value. And overall, the Linux devs have done a magnificent job and done it in an atmosphere of freedom and collaboration so very foreign to Apple's entire existence.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon