Reply to post: Re: Lawsuit Time Again

Microsoft thought of the children and decided to ban some browsers

Roland6 Silver badge

Re: Lawsuit Time Again

But if you configure the device so they can't install or build their own software, then they are not going to be able to install Chrome/Firefox etc anyway, and this new measure from Microsoft is not needed.

Precisely, also it would appear that MS are being inconsistent - although this nothing new. With the Xbox and family filters set to on, when my children decided to load a movie DVD, they got a warning, to which I easily gave permission and haven't been bothered with similar requests since. Likewise, my son was recently given Call of Duty, on first load Xbox gave warning: son asked, we had a discussion, permission given, he can now play when he want's subject to our agreed usage rules (which naturally MS's family filter is totally unable to enforce).

So I would expect similar with software... But then given my children currently use Chrome on Win7 with a variety of security, filtering and blocking software that I find helpful and don't restrict me and my partner in our work, I see little real value in the Win10 family filters...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon