Reply to post: they do have a point

It's OK to fine someone for repeating a historical fact, says Russian Supreme Court

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

they do have a point

while they did cooperate, it was a joint HUMANITARIAN effort. The Germans intervened to prevent continuous terror of the Polish state and its citizens against the opressed German minority and to introduce minor border changes to the unjust post-WW1 settlements. And the Soviets came in to liberate Belarussian and Ukrainian peasants opressed by the Polish state and the Poles, and yearning to joint the Great Soviet Union. Which they did, in November 1939, if I remember correctly, with something like 95% voting to join. And the generousness of the Soviet Union did not end there, for those voting against were given long, long holidays, paid for by the state. And they were all given German and Russian passes, so that they could move from village to village whenever they would express such extravagant desire! And lifetime citizenship too, which stands to this day (I'm being serious, if you were born, unfortunately, a Pole in the areas that eagerly joined the USSR in 1939, you'll have had both Soviet (now Russian) citizenship for life, AND a place of birth marked in official documents as "Soviet Union".

I really can't see why people villify that great moment in history, they should be punished. As to Bandera, I can only say that he was a fascist, so all discussion on the subject is pointless.

And I love Russia and the Greatest Leaders of All, Our Dear President Putin, let his light show the path of the glorious and blind our enemies!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon