Reply to post: Re: I gues it's only fair

BBC vans are coming for you

technoise
Linux

Re: I gues it's only fair

Jess said:

"It was very kind of the BBC to allow this until now, but there is not enough I want to watch that will justify the price, so I shall delete the app from the final bit of kit today."

Hmmm. I'm not sure how kind it was when they did it initially - I always suspected that they vastly grew their online presence at the time they were coincidentally angling to have the TV licence attached to a household having broadband, in a sort-of Internet=BBC gambit, allegedly. Thankfully the government of the day didn't fall for that.

Also, a lot of people complain why don't the BBC encrypt the iPlayer feed and offer it to people who can provide numbers that are printed and issued with TV licences. Again, I suspect this might strengthen the case for the Beeb becoming a subscription service, and thereby lose their guaranteed £3.7 billion / year income from the licence. I have come to see the BBC as a funding model with an entertainment and News/propaganda service tacked on as justification (allegedly). But then I am an old, jaded cynic.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon