Reply to post: EU ECHR

UK IT consultant subject to insane sex ban order mounts legal challenge

Dave 15

EU ECHR

Not the same

Although the problem is that the ECHR comes up with totally bizarre ideas like giving murders a vote even out of the EU it would form a potential route to stopping this sort of abuse. HOWEVER getting permission to appeal to the ECHR is hard and this is not a criminal punishment (well it is criminal in its way but is a 'civil order').

What IS needed is for the British public to grow some back bone. We apparently vote the same people in year after year and get the same shit year after year... when will we learn? And I suspect it goes beyond lies about results... my mum can't bring herself to vote anything but conservative because her dad did... any excuse is rolled out from who has the best suit to no one else gets elected in her constituency so anything else is wasted...

I mean even to look at another example... the CEO of my company takes his girlfriend off and racks up 4grand on hotels and God only knows how much on flights, booze and food when he is cutting the pay and jobs of his staff? Would I still be in the job or hassling for an all out strike until he is dismissed... in the UK we plod on, in France he would be out of work

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon