Reply to post: Ban my backpack? You don't want my money then.

German minister seeks facial recognition at airports, train stations

Shadow Systems

Ban my backpack? You don't want my money then.

I wear a backpack to carry around my Insulin Dependant Diabetic supplies. If you forbid me the use of my pack, then I can't attend & will spend my money elsewhere. You want my business then don't ban my pack.

"But you could be carrying a gun or a bomb in it!" True, but I could do the same in an attache case as well. Are you REALLY going to tell all those Business Class traveler's not to carry their briefcases with them? Do you REALLY think they'll appreciate you telling them to leave it home? Because if I were in Germany to enjoy Oktoberfest & you tell me I can't attend because I stupidly arrived in Germany on business first, then I'll take my briefcase *And My Business* to a country without it's head stuck up it's arse.

What about baby diaper bags? Are you going to ban them as well? Because that mom with her baby that can't leave the baby home but only wants to sample a brew or two, won't hesitate to abandon your festival like the plague if you tell her she has to choose between carrying diapers for the kid or your beer. Or mom & dad visiting from somewhere with the baby in arm, being told that they're not welcome at the fest because they've got a nappy bag to hold all the stuff. They'll turn right around & take their money to some other country that does NOT treat them like shit.

Or what about students? Or hikers? Or anyone traveling out of their bag across Europe? Will you be telling them all not to come because YOU don't like their bags? That local student might be able to go home & come back, but more than likely will leave & choose another party to join. The hiker or traveler may not have the option of leaving the bag anywhere, so will have to pass your beer bash behind.

In your idiotic attempt at security, you've just told a large swath of your potential profits to fek right off & go away. I wonder what kind of affect it will have on your bottom line when all those potential customer's give you The Finger for someplace that *doesn't* screw with them?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon